Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Blogging Responsibly

3 and a half years. That’s how long it has been since I have made a single blog post of any kind. Why? I really don’t know. I love to blog. I spent countless hours in my early college years blogging. I may have spent more time blogging than studying. So maybe I quit for the best. I don’t think people understand what an all-consuming addiction blogging can be. I was part of a blogging community where everyone has their blogs on this single message board and everyone was great friends so what you would do EVERY SINGLE DAY is, first of all, write in your blog. Then you would read everyone else’s blog. Then you comment on everyone else’s blog. Then you would go back to your blog and see what comments had been written about your blog. Then you would respond to those comments about your blog. Then you would see how others responded to your comments in their blog. Then you would respond to their comments on your comments about their blog. Then you would go back to your blog…

Okay, enough, I think you get the idea now. I remember spending several hours at a time doing this without even realizing it. One day I had had enough and I never went back to that evil blog community again. And now it doesn’t even exist anymore. Thank the lord someone destroyed that terrible place! My new policy is blogging in moderation! Anyways, if you’re going to blog, I’ve always found blogspot to be a nice, reliable place to do it. They still have my old blog from my big study-abroad trip in London in 2005. Check it out at www.lukeinlondon.blogspot.com.

Another great blog on this site is cousin Sally’s, which I do read religiously. I mean who doesn’t? She is not the only Dorris to blog here but she is definitely the most consistent. Check it out at www.sansoms.blogspot.com. Kudos to her for almost always having photographs to go along with almost every post. I’m much too lazy for that and I’m not making any promises but I’ll post as regularly as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment