Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sickness

I have been surrounded by sickness for quite a while. The person in the cubicle to the east of me got sick. Then the person in the cubicle to the north of me. Than the west. And then Cindy. I’ve been popping Vitamin C like crazy but to no avail. You just can’t escape that much sickness.

It’s funny that, at least for me, I’m given half a days notice or so that I’m gonna be sick. I just get this weird feeling the night before a morning that I will wake up sick even though I have no symptoms at all. Last night I was in the kitchen grilling up some lunch for today and I just knew that my time was coming. And it wasn’t just because Cindy had been filling up the house with sickness for several days, I just seem to have this weird tingling sensation in my shoulders that tells me to enjoy my next few hours of non-sickness because I will be suffering soon.

It wasn’t that bad when I woke up and it still isn’t that bad. Just a bit of a sore throat, a little achiness, a little coughing. I think it’s going to be the most annoying kind of sickness, where you feel 20% sick for 5 days instead of 100% sick for 1 day. I hate that. I’d prefer to just knock it out in one day of feverish bed rest and move on with life. I don’t like being just barely un-sick enough to go to work and suffer through the day. Oh well, at least the weekend is coming.

2 comments:

  1. Luke,
    Feel better...and take your sick days. You do not get them when you leave. (I had 100 hours that I did not use when I left.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Ouch! That was almost 3 weeks you could have taken off! I heard through the grapevine that Mr. Rowberry had something crazy like 1500 hrs. he never used!

    ReplyDelete