Friday, March 27, 2009

2008ers vs. 2009ers

I’m kind of frustrated about the WONDERFUL 2009 1st time home buyer’s credit. I feel like we lost $8,000 even though we never actually had that money in the first place. We did our taxes last night and had heard from a few people that the credit was retroactive. Well, we quickly found out it wasn’t and we were only eligible for the 2008 credit which is basically just a $7,500 loan. And that seems like just what we don’t need… more debt. The frustrating thing is that if we had waited just 3 more months to buy a house, we could have gotten a free $8,000. Just 3 months! As frustrated as we are I can’t imagine how someone who bought their house in late December feels.
Anyways, if I know anything about money, I know that you never turn down an interest-free loan. In fact, that’s exactly what the Travelers Cheques I investigate every day are… an interest-free loan to Amex that ends up making them a lot of money. So we’ll just have to take our pitiful little 2008 “credit” and envy all the lucky bastards who waited a little longer…

1 comment:

  1. I am more mad than sad. Even though i bought my house in 2005 with Mandy, I actually bought it myself last year. But I don't get anything because it wasn't a "1st home" because this counts as my second home purchase. So I missed out on the $7500 dollar interest free loan called due over 15 years and I missed out on the free $8000. I decided to drown my sorrows by buying a new xbox. So, everything will be alright

    ReplyDelete