Thursday, April 30, 2009

The greatest time of the year!

I decided that if it was possible to freeze the weather of one day to use over and over forever, that day would have been yesterday. Just a few small puffy clouds in the sky to admire. The temperature was cool yet not too cool to wear a t-shirt. No strong winds. Great sunshine to breeze ratio to keep your body completely comfortable. I’m not nearly as outdoorsy as some people but not to be outdoors yesterday evening would be a total waste!

It’s sad how short that perfect transition between Utah’s freezing cold winters and blistering summers are. The next 4 months might as well be named “hot,” “hotter,” “hottest,” and “no seriously it gets even hotter than that.”

I’ve had the strange urge to surf lately. I’ve never surfed in my life and have never been that crazy about beaches yet now I want to go live in a summer home by the beach and surf all day every day all summer long. I think I’ll do that. Oh wait… I live hundreds of miles from any beach and have a wife, three furry children, a job and a mortgage. My summer plan is foiled!

No comments:

Post a Comment